Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Day!

This extra day seems like an opportunity to make a difference in our community and world. Write about one way our school, our community, or you yourself could help change the world in a single day.

75 comments:

  1. I could pick up every single piece of trash I see wherever I am, for example if I am at the park/pond I could pick up trash and throw it away so it won't kill and wildlife in the park or in the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To change the world in a single day all you have to do is smile. Just like or poster by the middle school locker rooms, "Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile!" If you are nice to someone, they will most likely be nice to someone else and the chain will go on! And that is one thing that can change the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something that you can do in one day to change the world is pick up garbage in your community.It might not seem like that much bet it can really better your town.Picking garbage up isn't that fun but it will help in the long run for the world.It's just one small thing that you do that can help the world.There is no way you can go all over the world in one day and change everything about it you just have to start small.One small thing can help the world in every way.Picking up garbage is better than doing nothing in your community.You can achieve that in a single day.It seems achievable to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could change the world just by helping the people who need help like seniors and elders even family.Also we could help changing the community by doing little things like,picking up trash,raking leaves,mowing lawns,e.t.c.This extra day is a perfect day to do something good in your community or just about anywhere .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could change the world in a single day by discovering something new. I could also change the world by solving a problem in the world. Mainly I can just change the world by just being me and doing what i like to do. Changing the world can happen amolst by doing anything for example when thomas eddison decided to become an inventor and invent the lightbulb he changed the world because otherwise we would not have electricity that we have now. If george washington had never became president we would never have presidnets at all today. So do what you do and keep on changingt the world and the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole community should have a a day were everyone does good deeds for each other and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could do many things to make the world a better place. In one day you could do lots of things to. you could pick up trash or recycle, ride you bike instead of riding in a car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To make a difference in the world on this extra day we all can stop littering and start treating the world like a better place that it is. One thing I can do to make the world a better place is that I can stop pollution and prevent everyone from polluting. Another thing I can do is I can stop wasting food, because in a lot of places in the world don't even get food and to think of how much food we waste is how much food they could be getting right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One way that my school can help change the world is we can help clean up neighborhoods that are a mess.One way that I can help my community is I could go to my neighbors and ask them if they need help cleaning anything or if they want me to mow there lawn and things like that. Also and another way that I can make this world a better place is that I can go and help elders clean there house or anything that they want cleaned. Those are some ways that I can help make this world a better place

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that we can help the community by helping the environment in many ways. like not using harmful things like gas unless you have a far destination. and also by picking up trash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOu can stop and pick up trash around the town and in about a week it will be a lot better looking, and it will be healthier. And if you can get 5 kids to do this the town will be looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One way I could help change the world in a single day is by community service. I could pick up the park so there isn't any trash. I could donate food to a homeless shelter and help the people who don't have any food. I could also volunteer at a homeless shelter or food bank to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One way I could help our community is help out the environment. I could walk around town one day a week and pick trash around the town. And if anything I could get a group of people to do this with me. We could be cleaning our community in a really big way but it is a small step for our environment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One way our school can help change the world in one day is by helping people in need of things. Donate some things for people who really need certin things or if their kid needs something. if we all donate just a little bit rather it be money or cloth or food or a little bit of all of the then it could help a lot of people in need out. We don't think about it because most of us have what we need and some people some extras that are just going to sit in a cabnet until it goes bad or gets too small to wear and we throw it out. But if youre not going to eat it then give it to someone who needs all they can get.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are many ways you could help your community in one day. You could carpool with family friends. You could recycle instead of throwing things in the trash. Help out older people by scooping their sidewalks or raking their leaves. There are many ways to help out the community but here are a few ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could help change the world in one day by donating to a animal shelter, or some major company that needs donations in order to cure a disease

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that our school could help change the world is doing community service around the county. Our school could help from picking up leaves to help paint buildings to spice up our community and make it look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WE could go somewhere and help homeless or other struggling people in a bigger town.You could have a food drive to give to people with little food.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our school could help the world by helping those in need. We could help those in need if they need the leaves on there yard picked up we could do that.If they needed to rake a garden we could do that for them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. One way I could help make a change in the world is by helping others. It doesn't take much to help others just a hand or a brain. If the person I help helps another person it will go on for a while till the last person to get helped doesnt help someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I go to the golf coruse a lot so then I could help pick up trash that is left on the golf course that is left there from people going fast on the golf carts and the item or items are flying off.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. One way we could help the world is with respect! Like respecting people and things that we own. Treat people the way you want to be treated so the environment changes with respect and nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  25. One way I think our school can help change the world today is pick up a single piece of trash when you see one.The reason why I say pick up trash is because there is a lot of trash around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  26. When I go to the park and trash and junk up off the ground, and if someone loses something I try to give it back to the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  27. One way I could help make a change in the world and make it a better place in one day is treat our environment with respect, so that means stop littering or polluting the environment because its not good for us or other living things

    ReplyDelete
  28. One way I could help the community is by picking up any litter that I see when I jog up and down the street and when i am done I have a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  29. One thing that our school could do today to make the world a better place is we could help the people in need.We could help these people by orginizing soup supers for people that can't pay for supper them selves.

    ReplyDelete
  30. ON this extra day this year I could help someone that has their hands full in the hallway instead of just pass on by. Also I will clean the house and wash the dishes for my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  31. In a single day, I could change the world by volunteering. volunteering to help animal shelters or any other organisation that needs help.

    ReplyDelete
  32. One way I could help the community is by picking up trash and litter around the lake or anywhere and but it in the recycling bin and staying green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helping the environment doesn't have to be super hard or planned. It just has to make a difference not a huge difference, not a small difference, but a significant difference. One way that I could help is by Helping someone carry there stuff if they need it, or helping an elderly lady cross the street. it's not a very hard thing to do, but it takes the burden off of them, which helps them.

      Delete
  33. One day everyone should just sit and talk. People now don't talk in person its all over the phone. No one really knows who anyone is anymore. I feel that everyone would get to know everyone else and I think it would be good for others. Another thing we could all do together is bond. Bonding with other people in our community would be good for people no a days.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Today we can make a difference by picking up trash around town. Or we can put more trash cans outside so people don't throw there trash wherever they want.

    ReplyDelete
  35. In a single day, there is a lot to do in a single day. Help homeless people get food, water, and shelter. Help at a animal shelter, help them save animals, walk the animals. I can help the world if I set my mind to it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. In just one day you can change a lot of things. You can change the way you act. For example the way you talk to others you can change your attitude around them. Other ways are to be a better person. If you normally don't do anything for someone make there day and do something for them that they will appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think the school could have a fundraiser and make cookies, burritos, or lemonade then donate it to make a wish foundation. We could hold the fundraiser in the gym or media center. I would sell the food for 1-3 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  38. buy not littering and helping your neighbor/ friends with something or do some community work to make a difference

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think that one way our community could make a change is by using kindness and caring about others. If everyone in our community would do an act of kindness it would probably make a big impact, so big the news reporters would put it on TV. That way other towns would do it in the state then other states and so on. I feel like acts of kindness like donating food or clothes to the homeless, or helping an elderly with something.

    ReplyDelete
  40. On this day, we could make a difference in our school by making people smile and be happy. School can make students have stress and they need a boost. If we were to spread the kindness, then people will have a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  41. A way that our community could change the world is by everyone working together in a common goal to fix up the parts of town that need fixing. We could have people clean, rebuild, pour cement, lay bricks, work electricity, and more so that our town would end up a safe and fun environment to live in. Our actions could spawn a mass of people working together to improve the world.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think that something we could do as a community is to have a walk to work or school if you live within less that 1-2 miles from your work of school. I feel as if we have this once a week that people outside of our town would catch on. If they catch on, this will help out our world with population. Also if we did this it would help some of the people that need exercise to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  43. One way I could help change our world would be by picking up trash, helping people in need, and being nice to people. Our school could go around and help pick up trash. We could recycle the trash to stay green

    ReplyDelete
  44. One thing that everyone could do would be to do a random act of kindness. Just like the video when one person does one, there's a ripple effect and it spreads throughout the community. It could end of spreading even further than our community. It could go to other towns or cities. I think that even after the one day kindness, people would still continue to do randoms acts of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Today is Leap Day. Most people probably don't realize this day when it comes around but if you do, you must make the most of it. One way my school can help out and make a change is do a random act of kindness. I think this because if we all did a random act of kindness on this special day then it's like taking the opportunity to end the year with something great since you were given the extra day. One way my community can help out today is pick up the trash around the town. I think we should do this because I always find bits of trash everywhere. It might just be that the garbage cans are full and no one cleans it up. So we as a community should just take out the trash and clean it up more. But one way I can help with everything is just being present and being active throughout the day and just helping out when needed. And that's How I think this Leap Day should go





    our school, our community, or you yourself

    ReplyDelete
  46. The school and community could walk around town picking up trash around town. WE could start in the park and go from there. WE could also could volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  47. The school,our community, and our town could recycle and be more nice to people around them, and also people should make our community look a little nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I think that the school can change by instead of having classes you can celebrate and have a assemalby every 4 years.Also I think that theycan also celebrate the birthdays of the people in our school and celbrate and have funsing and I think that would make people happy and not be left out.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I think that as a community, we could maybe help with cleaning up the Earth. Recycle something, or maybe pick up some garbage in a local park. And we're doing this Act of Kindness thing. I think that this extra day is an opportunity to change someone's life or make someone else happy. It's the thought that counts, right?

    ReplyDelete
  50. People can help out the world by cleaning the environment and can be happy that they helped out the world.

    ReplyDelete
  51. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  52. we could help other people in need and take a lead and people could help by being in a group and help out people and how they can take a challenge and do it

    ReplyDelete
  53. I could use this extra day as a day to thank people. I could thank people for what they do for me, how they are always there for me, and how they make me become a better person. It would give the chance for me to take after their footsteps and become a better person. Then the people around my community would take after mine, eventually passed on and would make this community a better place by giving thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  54. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  55. With an extra day every four years, we could all make a difference. 24 extra hours gives us time to change the world. If everyone, for one day, could go without criticizing one another or excluding them, I think the world could turn for the better. No negative comments or actions towards your neighbor could make them feel happier, and everyone would become more equal as far as understanding one another. The whole world would be able to work more as a team, with everyone included and feeling welcomed. The world could become accomplished and move forward faster just by being nice.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I could make the world a better place by picking up trash around my community.I would ask some people to volunteer and help me around the community.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Since we have an extra day of the year, and 24 hours is a lot of time to make a difference to the world. One idea that I had that we could walk to the Jaycee Park on a nice day and pick up any trash in sight. That part of the community would look so much nicer without the pieces of trash that people do not care to throw away. Even if it were a wrapper to a sucker, anything that small will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  58. As we walk around the community there's a lot of things we see that could be done better. They give us this extra day so we can do the things that we need to fix in the community. So for instance we could pick up trash when we see any. Also, we can help people do things like when they are carrying groceries we could help them take it to their car. Another thing we could do is go and visit the elderly.One last thing we could do is volunteer to do things.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I think are school could help by going around the community and picking up trash.This would make are community a cleaner place.It could also get us all to work together as a team to accomplish common goal.I think if we all did something like this every day are world would be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  60. One way the community and school can change the world is by being not wasteful. Some ways of being not wasteful is saving electricity, saving water, and reusing things that still can work. The world would be a lot better if everyone recycled, because landfills can be bad if overly stuffed. Recycling allows us to save materials. That is how I think we can make a difference on this Leap Day.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Today is Leap Day! Every 4 years it comes around, so we have to use every second of the day and cherish it as much as we can. A way we can help our community, is we can recycle and pick up any garbage that we find around town. This will help out a lot! We could also use less gas and walk around or ride a bike instead of polluting our world even more. This will help out very much.

    ReplyDelete
  62. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I that this day has many opportunities to do many things, but one that comes to my mind the most is community service. I think that our school could help the community, city, county, and even the state by doing community service. Some things that you could do is rake leaves, pick up trash, don't litter, don't pollute, help businesses, follow the rules, and maybe every volunteer to other members in the community, businesses like the fire department, churches, schools, gas stations, and the grocery store. I think that one way to help out make things a better place is to do community service and help out with different things. Some things that you could also do is if people are in need help them donate money, free canned food, and maybe even clean something they can't do, this can make an effect that will make everyone want to help and keep doing nice things for others because someone else has helped them and that meant a lot to them and how they felt about it when that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I can help change the world in a day by either recycling or throwing others stuff away.

    ReplyDelete
  65. with this extra day there are many things we could do. We could help someone in need. We could help an elder cross the street. we could help other students with things.

    ReplyDelete
  66. It is really endless to do something helpful in your community like paint a wall or fence, pay for the next person's food or groceries, help an elderly women cross the road, and maybe even buy food for a homeless person.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I think our school can get out and to more community service. We cane go around and pick up trash and pter things that might hurt our environment. I know our school can't do everything, but every bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Our school could go pick up trash around the neighborhood and make it look neater.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I can help change the world in a day by either recycling or throwing others stuff away. I can help out by volunteering for community service or helping out rake leaves or shovel snow that isn't mine.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Today is leap day, which means I could do something today that could make the world a little bit better. When I'm running at night I could pick up trash. this would help because it would make Bellwood look better and greener

    ReplyDelete
  71. One way you could help around the community is by helping your neighbors scoop snow, rake leaves, pick up trash or mow their yard. One way our school could help is by doing what we do like once a month and do community service. And then one way you could help the wporld is by not polluting or littering.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Leap day happens every four years, adding an extra day to the month of February. As a school you could start a food drive or some sort of charity drive. As a community, or you yourself, you can pick up trash. You could also do something that is needed in your community or town such as paint something that needs to be or buy something for you town.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Since we have an extra day of the year, and 24 hours is a lot of time to make a difference to the world. One idea that I had that we could walk to the Jaycee Park on a nice day and pick up any trash in sight. That part of the community would look so much nicer without the pieces of trash that people do not care to throw away. Even if it were a wrapper to a sucker, anything that small will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete