Saturday, March 28, 2015

Wednesday

  • Ethos: Do you have the credibility or authority to write about a particular topic? Why or why not? What gives you this credibility or authority? Why do you believe that the principal should listen to your argument on this issue?

80 comments:

  1. Yes, because if the students really want something like say a new water fountain then they could give points like the other fountains aren't working well and it takes to long to get a drink. The administration wouldn't really know this because they are always in there office and might have a water bottle or something and might not use the water fountain at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that they should listen to us because they don't notice things like we do in school, because we are usually walking from class to class and notice things more.

      Delete
  2. Yes I do have the credibility to right about a particular topic, because I know a lot about the topic. What gives me the authority is that I know the topic well. I believe they should listen because they could learn more and hear our side of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say no. People can write about something inappropriate. I'm pretty sure they do not want to get in trouble. The principal should listen to my argument because it could really end up improving the school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do because we are talking from kids and others points of view.We are talking and trying to persuade from peoples points of view.I believe that they should listen because they might agree with us.We have the credibility because some people want the things we wanted.Some of the ideas are worthy of listening to and they might happen if they read the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have credibility to talk about this topic because I like to play baseball and I have a connection with it. I would like to get more people from our school to play. I think I have authority to write about this topic because I know many people from our school that want to play baseball but quit because they never got to play. I think the principal should listen to me because it would make many kids happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that we have the authority to persuade the principle because it might help the community.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the credibility or authority with my particular topic because I am a student and all of the students basically want the same thing if it deals with school we all want no school or early outs. I think one of the principals should take my topic to consideration because we deserve some early outs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Question 1: I do believe that I have credibility to write about a topic. If I try I can do a really good story on a particular topic. Give me a topic and I'll get an A-B.
    Question 2: I love to write! It is my favorite past time. So, I do it a lot.
    Question 3: I think since I am a student they should at least read my essay/letter. I also think that they should be respectful and read it and think about it.
    Question 4: I just think that if we give them something that they should read it. Plus I think that the title is catching. So why not?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I do think that I have credibility to do this. If you do take this into consideration it would make people healthier. I believe that If you do something similar and close to this. I just want to have some free time and be able to have healthy working time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Authority, the reason I have that is because I can state my reason very easily. What gives authority is you have the right to explain what you want to. I believe that the principle should listen to my argument because some people might need to read more and they need to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We should be able to state or inform them what we think our school should do or get. They don't have to go with it but, we still should have the authority to inform them. The principal should listen to what we have to say because we are the students in the school.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes. Because what gives me credibility or authority my family and friends.What gives me credibility or authority is my family and friends helping me out.I believe the principle should listen because i have good thoughts and good details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that you can have the credibility or authority. When you do something or you got choose to do something that you never had the chance to do your held responsible to that credibility or authority. I think the principle should listen to our argument because it can make the school a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think as a student I have substantial credibility and experience on nearly all of these subjects. Being a student and experiencing these problems daily, knowing they are able to be changed is quite catastrophic. I believe the principal should listen to me because I am a truthful student with a reliable history.

    ReplyDelete
  16. In order for someone to have ethos, they have had to have some sort of experience on the topic. In my situation, I have credibility and experience because I have gone to a school with a tennis team, and I also go to this school. I think that the principal should listen to my argument, because it would provide good opportunities for students and teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that I do have some credibility writing about my topic because I'm writing about our lunch and I eat there almost every day during the school year. I witness almost everything that happens at lunch, such as: how long we stand in line, how long we have to eat, etc. I believe that Mr. Couch should consider my persuasive argument because he doesn't supervise middle school lunch and it might be a different viewpoint than he has on our lunches overall.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I have somewhat authority to write about some topics but not all. I say not all topics because I don't have prior knowledge to every topic. I think the principal should listen to my arguement because it is potential tenough to pursuade them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes we have the credibility and authority to write about whatever we want and we are capable of writing anything and we need to try harder to make it even better. I believe that the principal should listen to my argument because it is a great one and many people would agree with me that pajama pants should not be allowed to wear to school.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The person should have knowledge on the topic. Like I have experience with having a short lunch because I have been going to lunch for my whole life here. I think that if I have something good written about the topic then they have to listen because I have good supports to my topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  21. I believe that everyone has the authority to write about a topic because we can say what we want about what we want. The principle should have to listen to what we have to say and what we think need to be better because he wants to make the school better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, because there are people that have certain things that they can know more about than other people. So you would want the person to write about the topic who knows about it more than the other person. I believe that the principal should, because we all took time to make these and some of these topics could actually come into the school system.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I believe you need to have a professional background before you start writing bunches of "facts". A doctor can tell if someone is sick, but a hobo cannot say he invented a successful cure for cancer. I think that the principal should take a look at mine because students are thinking ahead, especially me. If we are going to succeed in this world, we need to learn to work hard NOW. If you want reasonable ethos, you have to at least do some research, surveys, and/or polls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job, Josie. Nice touches.

      Delete
  24. Yes, because I think that we all have an opinion on whatever topic we are writing. I think that we all have credibility to writing. Opinions do matter in situations especially in persuasive topics. On this issue, I believe that the principle should listen to my argument because students could relate to it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, I do have the credibility and authority to write about a particular topic. I feel as if I know enough about my topic to write a persuasive essay over it. If you know enough facts and information about the topic, then anyone could have at least some credibility and authority to write about their topic. I believe that the principal should listen to our arguments because we are students at their school, and they should be doing as much as they can to make school an enjoyable place for students. If they listen to us, they could assure that they are making school at least a little more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think you can have the credibility. I feel like you have to be in the position to really know what is best. I think the principal should listen to our arguments because we can make our school a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You should also do some research on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes, I think that I do the the credibility to write these topics. I have the credibility because I know what its like to have these problems. The principal should listen to my argument because as students we understand the problems and can help them to understand why we need to change these things.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I feel like you can have credibility to write about anything you have experience in. I have been golfing for about 10 years so I feel I have the experience and knowledge to write a persuasive essay about golf. The principal should listen to my argument because I am a trustworthy person and know a lot about golf.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think anyone is able to write about any topic they choose to, as long as they are able to relate to the topic and they know about the topic to have supporting facts. I think we have the authority and credibility, because we have information on our topic and we feel strongly about it. I believe the principal should listen to our essays since some of our essays could help improve our school and the way people look at our school.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes, but I think for you to have credibility or authority to write about a particular topic, you need to know somewhat about the topic and have experience on the topic. Like redefining the dress code because I have witnessed how only some people get in trouble for wearing leggings. So, I think that the principal should agree with me for redefining the dress code.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes because that the principal will answer us so that he can make the school a better place to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes I have credibility to write about having a trap shooting team. I do the sport myself. I know what to do and what the challenges are. Plus the principle should listen to me because like I said I do the sport. That makes me a credible source for trap shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yes because if you want to write about a certain topic you can, or you have the credibility, and/or authority.You either have to have experience or research your topic so you can write about that topic

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yes, I have experienced the thing that I am writing about. Some people have not. Since I have experienced it the people that read it should agree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I believe that I am credible in my topic. I know the school needs a better disciplinary system for I have witnessed the student's behavior first hand. Knowing your topic and why it affects you and others gives you a great source. Having experience in the area is a great source. The principal will think of my reasons because he is trying the same thing but it has been working. Giving new ways to solve the problem will help.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yes, I feel like I have the authority to write about my topic because I can relate to the topic. I have this credibility or authority because as a student I know what could improve our school. I believe that the principal should listen to my argument because it will give him ideas on how to improve our school.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yes, I have the credibility to write about why we should have pencil dispensers in our school. Since I am a student, and I know what it's like to forget a pencil and have to ask someone to borrow one. Also, I see it everyday in every class. At least one or two people will forget or lose their pencil, and they will have to borrow one from a peer or teacher. I think the principal should listen to my argument because I'm credible, I have experience about what happens during the school day, and I know what it's like to be in a classroom nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yes I think that credibility and authority are two important things about writing on a particular topic. You need to know what you are talking about and need to be excited about it. You also need to have experience on the topic to back reasons. Like for the student council example. Lets say I took a survey and I ask the question "how many people have had experience on student council" And the results come out 25%. I could use that for a credible source saying 25% of people have been on student council and want to be on it again. That would be a example of a crediblie source. So then when the principal reads my essay and I use crediblie sources and add them in there he should hopefully agree that we should have a middle school student council.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am a credible;e source for a lunch survey because I am one out of the many students that eat lunch here at school. I am also a very picky eater and from personal experience I know that my friends don't like some of the foods we get served here at school.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think I am a credible source on the topic of testing out of keyboarding because I took the class. I knew how to type before I took it, and all I got from it is a faster words per minute speed. I didn't learn anything, and it took away a semester of band from me. In my essay, I stressed on the topic of keyboarding taking away other opportunities. I believe the principal should listen to me because I am not the only one. All music students have less electives to choose from in the first place, and some have none, and yet they have to fit in keyboarding in somewhere. We need to have a way so music students can explore more while still taking music.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am not a credible source because we've never really had a free period to do whatever we wanted,but I'm sure the principal will listen to me because it would be a good thing for both teachers and students.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think yes because to have credibility or authority about a topic you have to know what the topic is about. You have know stuff about the topic. And I think the principal should read our persuasive topics to make the school a better place. It might even help some people.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I do believe I have the authority or credibility to write about this topic. I have the credibility because I along with some friends know what its like to need a tutor. I believe that the principal should listen to my argument because I have seen many people in class frustrated over their limit because they just cant figure out how to do their work. I have also seen people not do their work because they don't know how to do it. I also have credibility and authority because i have experience with the topics.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I do think that I am good source because I play soccer and I like it. Obviously if you like something you would like to have it! Our principal should take this idea under a deep consideration!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I would consider myself credible to write about this topic. I've experienced it and I think the principal would listen to it if many people have experienced hunger in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I think I have credibility to my topic since I am in band and have been for 4 days. Also, I wanted to take an elective, but since keyboarding was required and my parents were persistent that I take band, I couldn't take the elective I wanted. I think the principals will read my essay since Mr. Couch might understand where I am coming from since he has students in band.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Yes i think that we have the credibility and authority to write about our topics because we should have the right to speak and say what we want to be done for our school.I believe that the principal should listen to my argument because all students should have the right to say what they think should change in our school to make our school a better school.Yes i think that we have the credibility and authority to write about our topics because we should have the right to speak and say what we want to be done for our school.I believe that the principal should listen to my argument because all students should have the right to say what they think should change in our school to make our school a better school.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I feel like I have the credibility to right about a particular topic that I have experience in. It would be easy because I would know a lot about the topic and put a description with facts in it.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I think that I do because I always am hungry after lunch and I really want a healthy snack not like chips or a drink because that is so unhealthy plus kids take a lot of calories per day with those chips

    ReplyDelete
  52. I think that I have the credibility to have a say in things because we can see both point of views from different perspectives. The principal should listen to our arguments.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I think I have the credibility to write about a longer lunch period. I am a student that knows what it is like not to have enough time to eat. I think that the principal should listen to my argument because it is a good argument that a lot of people will agree with.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I think that I have the credibility to have a say in things because we can see both point of views from different perspectives. The principal should listen to our arguments.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I think that I have the right and I have the right to write about open campus and the principal will listen to what i have to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  56. I think that I do have the credibility to write about getting a snack machine in our school. I think this because I think that anyone can have an opinion so I have at least a little reason that I can. I do think that the principal should listen to my argument because the most he can say is no. Also because it's good to give people a chance at everything.

    ReplyDelete
  57. yes, because we can persuade the school board. Also to make it interesting and not have other students write different stuff and not all do the same thing. plus the principle should listen because it could help our school and it can maybe make learning fun for us teen to want to come to school and try hard.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Computer coding classes

    I think that I have a good ethos on this topic for many reasons. I have spent a good amount of time trying to learn how to do it with online classes. I think that the principal should listen to mine because I know a lot about computers and I have tried the alternate option.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Yes, I have the credibility to write about this because, I'm a student and I know what it's like to not have time after lunch. And yes the principle should listen to my side of the argument.

    ReplyDelete
  60. i feel that that the principal should consider our writing because they don't really see the problems from a students point of view and they should try to make a student feel that their opinion is ipotant and try to make the student better over all. i also feel that you can wright about enything as long as you know a little about the topic and it is not black mailing or doing enything to put any one down.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Yes they do because I am a member of this school. I enjoy this school because I am a student. He is our principal and they should listen to us.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I have the right to because I will be getting the reward. If I talk to the principal I think I have the authority to talk about what my topic was about. I am a student in school.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Yes because I'm student in this school and I should have a say in what happens at school. I have credibility because I am a student and it's my education and if I can't like focus because I'm hungry what kind of education am I going to have. I believe they should listen because maybe they would see an increase in test scores.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I feel like I do have the credibility to write about my topic because I am a student in our school and I know what happens around the school. I believe that the principal should listen to my argument because I am a student of his school and know what the other students in our school want.

    ReplyDelete
  65. i think that we should have the right to be in something we belive that shouold have. It is freedom of qwritting and speech people should have there own things to say and think what they're doing people have a say in things we do but not all people.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I believe I have credibility because I'm a student that deals with losing pencils and never having anything to write with and I know that if a pencil dispenser was installed it would benefit me. I think the principal should listen to what I have to say because education is the most important thing in school and it's hard to do your assignments and learn if you don't have the proper materials.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Yes I do have credibility because as a student, I have an opinion on what would make our school and education better and the school day more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Yes, because I have read a few articles on the internet about middle school sports practices being during school and that gave me a lot more knowledge about the topic. I believe that the principal should listen to me essay because I actually know what I am talking about and will have some great facts to help persuade the principal to believe in what I am saying.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I think that I have credibility to write about our school offering us extra credit. I feel like our school is SOMEWHAT ran by our students and our opinions because our school obviously wouldn't do something permanently if we didn't like it. The principals of our school should listen to my argument about giving us extra credit opportunities because they always complain about too many kids failing grades so by giving this opportunity to us we could take advantage of us and use it and for those who don't take advantage of them that is their own done deal. At least you gave them an opportunity to bring their grades up.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Yes I have to credibility to write about no school on Friday's. I have this right, because this idea and writing could change our school in a positive way. The opinions and reason that back up my topic give me the authority to talk about no school on Friday's. I believe that the principle should listen,because this topic could really have a positive impact in our school, and make a school a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Yes, because I am someone who can argue about my topic. The fact that I'm a student that goes to this school. I believe the principle should listen because I am not someone who wants to make the school worse, but I want to help the school with new sports.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I think that i do have the credibility and authority to write about my topic, because i am a student here at the school and i have talked to people and know what they like. I have great sources and hope the principal will listen. I think he should listen because our school needs more sports that others like. It needs a sport that people know how to do not everyone like all the sports we have.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Yes because I am a student and I think they should listen to us and our detail to it and then if they do not agree with us then they can do whatever they desire.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Yes because everyone is in titled to there own opinion and I think your opinion should be herd and if Mr. Couch should read your ideas because he might actually like them and be happy that he took the time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Yes, I think that I have authority to talk the principal about my topic. I want to have a soccer team and I think that we should start one because we have schools near us that play soccer. Some of the kids here are really good at the sport. Kids would try to keep good grades to play the sport. Some kids don't like track or golf.

    ReplyDelete